A freelance fundraiser for Carefree Kids is wanted now! [Update: Thank you for your interest. This post has now been filled (June 2017)].
Carefree Kids is a small children’s charity in East London providing support for the emotional wellbeing of children and their families through therapeutic play, art and drama therapy. We are looking for an experienced and proactive Fundraiser to raise vital funds for Carefree Kids’ long-term future.
As a Fundraiser, your first priority will be to secure grants from new and existing sources to enable the continuation of our work at Carefree Kids.
You will produce high quality, tailored applications, develop new relationships with funders, and ensure that all sources of potential income are explored.
The Fundraiser will also be required to explore the potential of other fundraising opportunities and work with the Trustees and staff to develop and implement a strategy to increase our earned income.
You will have demonstrable success in fundraising in the voluntary sector, having sourced and written successful funding bids.
You will have knowledge and understanding of a range of funders, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage a varied workload against deadlines.
You’ll be a self-starter with plenty of initiative and comfortable working independently.
• To identify relevant potential sources of grant income for Carefree Kids.
• To identify priorities for bids, to be agreed with Carefree Kids Trustees and staff.
• To make grant applications on behalf of Carefree Kids.
• To establish and maintain excellent relations with funders.
• To set up and maintain a database of funders and approaches and bids made.
• To research potential fundraising channels such as corporate fundraising, special events, community fundraising and sponsorship.
• To develop and implement strategies for individual and corporate supporter recruitment and development.
- Fundraising experience, with a proven record of success.
- Excellent knowledge of the charity sector.
- Proven experience of researching, developing and writing comprehensive bids and applications for trusts.
- Able to work effectively and independently with Carefree Kids staff and trustees.
- Natural ability to network and build on successful relationships.
How to apply
Please apply with CV and short covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date is 19 May 2017 and interviews will take place on 6 June 2017. Immediate start preferred. Two references will be requested.
One year fixed-term contract offered on an hourly rate of £20 per hour for 5 hours per week.
References taken up on successful interview, before job offer is confirmed.
Please tell your family, friends and colleagues and share on social media:
If you’d like to make a donation to Carefree Kids, please see our Donate page.