Local children in Waltham Forest and Redbridge are benefiting from money we received from the London Borough of Waltham Forest and Redbridge Olympic Legacy in 2014.
Carefree Kids was very grateful to receive this funding from both organisations which was on a ‘match’ basis — that means for every pound we received we had to raise an equal amount from other sources — so support from donations and other forms of income still remains vital!
The money is already being put to good use. So far we’ve used some of the money towards:
- Developing publicity material
- Accessing more potential volunteers with information about Carefree Kids
- Recruiting further volunteers to work with local children
- Enabling us to recruit and develop links with new schools and their Special Educational Needs coordinators
- Enabling more volunteers to successfully complete their training
- Allowing more children to attend weekly therapeutic play sessions.
Find out how you can help local children by donating to Carefree Kids.