Enter now for our poetry competition!
Carefree Kids is a small charity in North East London dedicated to improving the emotional well-being of babies, children, young people, parents and carers. We help children and young people at their schools through weekly one-to-one therapeutic play, art therapy and drama therapy, delivered by trained, supervised volunteers and trainee therapists. We support parents and carers, and are developing a course for teenagers about good parenting.
For our very first fundraising poetry competition, we invite anyone, anywhere, of any age to submit poems about the following subjects:
• Children & Young People
• Parents & Carers
The top 30 poems will be published in a beautifully produced poetry booklet, which each winning poet will receive.
Lord Rowan Williams (poet and former Archbishop of Canterbury) is the Chair of the Judging Panel and will select the final winners.
Closing date: 1st July 2016 (12 midnight)
How to enter
1. Make your payment:
Decide how many poems you’d like to enter, and how much it will cost (please see ‘Entry Fees’ below).
If you’d like to pay via our MyDonate page, you’ll need to make the payment before you send your entry as you will need to include your donation reference number.
If you are sending a cheque please write your name on the reverse of the cheque so we can match it to your entry.
How to pay
- Pay via My Donate, and please note your donation reference number.
- Or send a cheque, payable to ‘Carefree Kids’, and post to 15 Matcham Rd, London, E11 3LE.
- Waged: £5 per poem or £10 for three
- Unwaged or under 18 years: £1 per poem
- Prisoners: free
2. Email or post your entry:
Please send your poem(s) as an email attachment (eg Word or .txt document), but do not include your name or any other details in the poem or attachment. In your main email please include your name, age (if under 18), contact numbers (landline and mobile if possible) and your postal address, and your donation reference number, or a note that you are posting a cheque.
Email your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write or print your poem on a separate sheet, but do not include your name on the poem.
Please include a separate sheet of paper with your:
- email address
- age (if under 18)
- contact numbers (landline and mobile if possible)
- your postal address
- and either your donation reference number OR a cheque for the correct amount payable to ‘Carefree Kids‘
Please post your entry to: 15 Matcham Road, London, E11 3LE.
3. Sorry we can’t accept:
• Poems of 25 lines or over.
• Any entries arriving after the closing date (1st July, 2016 at 12 midnight)
Full Terms and Conditions
1. No alterations to poems can be made after receipt, nor fees refunded.
2. The judges’ decisions are final. No correspondence can be entered into.
3. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
4. Winners will be notified by 1st September 2016.
5. Copyright of each poem remains with the poet, but Carefree Kids reserves the right to first publication of the winners’ poems in print.
6. Entry implies acceptance of all these conditions.
Ros 020 8555 5248 or email email@example.com
Download a leaflet
Please tell your family, friends and colleagues and share on social media: