We offer schools the following services which we aim to make affordable.
We do not want any school to forego our services for financial reasons, so please discuss this with us.
- The charge per session is £45. For state maintained schools we have funding to offer a subsidised rate of £18 (as of April 2017). Carefree kids invoices the school after each term, but we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements that suit your school.
- Individual play therapy for troubled children aged 3–11 years (£15 a session)
- Arts therapies for secondary school students when we have suitable volunteers and students available (donations welcome if possible)
- Group training for school staff at all levels in Everyday Therapeutic Responses to Children (cost to be negotiated)
- Support for parents and carers individually (groups also possible)
- Before Becoming a Parent course for secondary school students / Baby watching courses for primary school students
Conditions necessary for therapeutic play at your school
Please see details of conditions we need for therapeutic play to take place at your school.
How to refer a child to us for therapeutic play
Most children are referred to us by the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO), learning mentor, head teacher or deputy/assistant head, and sometimes a parent or an outside professional.
The process is explained in more detail on Refer a child for therapeutic play.
Contract for teachers
You can see an example of our Contract for teachers here.