Wanted: Active Chair of Trustees for a Waltham Forest based children’s mental health charity entering an exciting phase of development and diversification.
We are looking for someone with the time, energy and commitment to help us move forward with our plans.
What we can offer:
- The chance to work collaboratively with our dedicated and well-qualified staff, trustees and volunteers.
- The prospect of making a real difference to children, young people, their parents, carers and schools in Waltham Forest and neighbouring boroughs.
- The opportunity to build on what we have already achieved at this time when the need to improve our young people’s mental health is all too apparent.
- The opportunity to receive training.
What we need:
- Someone who has the time, energy and enthusiasm to commit to us for at least 2 years. You will need to be prepared to give time as required in addition to attending and chairing meetings. As well as 4 full trustee meetings a year, you would also need to attend a trustee training session, an annual strategy day and be involved in a minimum of one of our sub-committees.
- Someone who lives close enough to our office near to Blackhorse Road station to be able to attend meetings and drop in when necessary.
- Someone with a real interest in working therapeutically with children, young people and their families. You may have a background in health, mental health, therapies, education or social work (through paid or voluntary work), but may know about this area through your own lived experience.
- Someone with an understanding of the Charity Sector and of the responsibilities of being a trustee – training and information is available and we have current trustees with a wide range of knowledge and skills who will give their full support.
- Someone who can demonstrate leadership and who is used to collaborating with and motivating groups of people in a positive way.
- A good communicator who can champion our organisation.
It would be useful if you could offer expertise in any of the following:
- Human Resources
- Business management
We welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Find out more and apply
Please contact our office for the opportunity to find out more about us and to discuss your interest.
Please tell your family, friends and colleagues and share on social media:
If you’d like to make a donation to Carefree Kids, please see our Donate page.